The Coach Dave book project has leaped several steps forward in the last couple of weeks, and I couldn’t be more excited to share them with you. Call it a behind the scenes tour.
1. I finished the third edit, one in which I read the whole book in about a day, smoothing some scenes and making the storylines more cohesive.
2. I put the manuscript through CreateSpace’s intimidating online editor, appropriately named the Meatgrinder. It came through unscathed; I learned much from putting my first two books through the same process. With the approval of the manuscript, I was able to move to the next step of ordering proof copies for my beta readers.
3. Having already contracted the cover art, I had a graphic designer complete the Kindle cover.
4. As soon as the Kindle cover was complete, I added the back cover material and had a designer finish out the paperback cover.
5. With the book moving into post-production, I moved into promotion mode. For my first book, I did an unforgettable promotional video that consisted of my iPhone, my outstretched arm, and absolutely zero post-production work. (I don’t think I took my readers behind the scenes for that one, but I’ll never forget how bad that video was.) For the Coach Dave project, I teamed with my broadcast partner, Michael Plumlee, and videographer Steven Burns for a slightly more upscale promo video.
All the work behind the scenes has built the next level of the Coach Dave project. Coach Dave: Season One will publish in July. Feedback on the question of whether to publish on July 4th or July 14th (date of the All-Star Game) is trending toward an All-Star Game publishing date.
However, you don’t have to wait until July to be an integral part of getting this important book into the hands of this generations youth baseball players, parents, and coaches.